Professional Barista & Coffee Making
While launching the first Professional Barista and Coffee Making program in the Turkey, we prepared a special course with one of the best in this sector and the founders of "Coffee Bus" KFME, which stands for Kadir, Fırat, Murat and Ertan that includes how to be a true Barista, coffee making and how to learn the profession and start your own business, adding different perspective to the coffee shops along the way.
Training duration is 80 hours in total and can be adjusted based on personal availability. For example; classes can be taken 2 days a week and 4 hours a day, lasting total of 10 weeks, with one-on-one classes, students can take 4 hours a day, lasting any 20 days or 8 hours a day lasting any 10 days of their choice.
Classes can be taken one-on-one or in groups of maximum 5 students. There's no fee difference between the one-on-one and group classes. The school management will decide how many participants will be in Professional Barista and Coffee Making program.
After completing the 80 hours long practical training, it is not mandatory but you can choose to join an internship in Anakra for 1 month.
- History of Coffee
- Coffee Farming
- Types of Coffee
- Commercial Coffee
- Coffee Brewing Methods
- Coffee and Health
- FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
- Food Safety
- Tools and Equipment Hygiene
- Personnel Hygiene and Health (Occupational Safety)
- HACCP Principles in Preparation and Presentation
- DEVELOPING SENSORY SKILLS
- COFFEE TASTING PREPARATION (CUPPING)
- Selection of coffees to be tasted
- Preparation of Tasting Counter
- Sensory Evaluation Analysis
- Equipment Training and Cleaning
- Roasting different coffees
- Roasting of Blended Coffee
- The Effect of Different Temperatures on Roasting
- TURKISH COFFEE
- Equipment Training and Cleaning
- Using the Stove and Coffee Pot
- Using Turkish Coffee Machines (Electric Coffee Pot, Coffee Grounds, Okka and Coffee Grounds Pro Machines)
- Preparation and Making of Aromatic Turkish Coffee
- Using of Turkish Machine with capsules
- FILTER COFFEE
- Using and cleaning the equipment
- Use of Filter Coffee Machines
- Use of New Brewing Machines (French Press, V60, Chemex, Aeropress, Syphon, Mocca Pot.. etc)
- Using and Cleaning the Equipment
- Use of Espresso Machines
- Coffee Calibration based on Specific Recipes
- Preparation and Making of Espresso Based Hot Drinks
- MILKY PRODUCTS
- Preparing Milk with Different Density by Using Milk Processing Techniques
- Preparation and Making of Milky and Espresson Based Hot Drinks
- Preparing and Making Espresso Based Drinks Using Whipped Cream
- HOT CHOCOLATE
- LATTE ART
- FOOD PAIRING
- PREPARATION OF MILKY/MILK-FREE ESPRESSO BASED COLD BEVERAGES
- COFFEE SHOP MANAGEMENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Customer Service (Welcoming, Sending-off and Customer Satisfaction)
- Making a Business Plan
- Budget Preparation
- Registration and Reporting
- License and Permit Process
- Marketing and Promotion Training
Terms and Conditions
Anyone who is older than 18, with minimum degree of Elementary School diploma, as well as foreigners can join this program.
The students who don't live in Ankara can choose the best dormitories available in the capital city and can get special discount for our school.
You can also get special discount from Inn 14 Hostel.
The students who successfully passed the written and practical exams at the end of the Professional Barista and Coffee Making Program will be awarded a Certificate in Barista and Coffee Making approved by TCA Turkish Culinary Academy. With this certificate you can work as a "Barista" legally both locally and abroad.
Paid Internship Opportunities in Spain
The Hotels, Resorts and Holiday Villages from Barcelona, Costa Brava, Canary Islands, Majorca and Andalusia in Spain provide paid internships between 3 and 6 months.
"Internship Program in Spain is not included in our Tuition Fee"
3.000 $ (VAT included & 1 month accomodation in sharing room inclueded).
Uniform is given free to the students by our school.
Documents Required for Registration
Photocopy of Passport
Such a training...
That Fasten Your Career